Sunday, October 17, 2010

Everything Deep Fried!

The North Carolina State Fair is here at last! From October 14th-24th you can buy anything and everything your heart desires in deep fried form. This means twinkies, oreos, peanut butter cups, milkyways, snickers, pickles and cheesecake. Not to mention giant turkey legs, gourmet funnel cakes, ribbon fries, lollipops as big as your face, bbq (I mean it IS North Carolina), philly cheese steaks, popcorn, nachos, gyros, corn dogs, candy apples, hamburgers, foot long hot dogs, lemonade EVERYWHERE, pizza, blooming onions, corn on the cob, cotton candy and so much more. Sound healthy? I think eating two or more of these foods together on the same day is bound to take a few months off your life but that's what the state fair is for!!!

Deep fried twinkie. Surprising delicious.

Deep fried Snickers. If the twinkie was surprisingly delicious, then the snickers was absolutely amazing.

Ribbon fries! There was a mountain of them originally but Steven and I ate most of them before I remembered to take a picture. We were standing in line about to buy our deep fried twinkie right here.

Apparently there is a "flavor burst" cone option... I didn't spend the $5 to figure out what exactly those flavors were.

Candy Land garden!

Vegetable exhibit :) Looking at this made me feel healthier. I think that might be why everyone else is there too. They just had a sausage dog and funnel cake too probably.

You can pick these little cuties up and play with them! It's always been my favorite part of the state fair. Too bad I just realized this year they're labeled as "baby poultry".