Monday, September 13, 2010

My Famous Food Injuries

You know that kid in your kindergarten class who would always manage to cut themselves with safety scissors? Yeah. I was that kid. It takes very, very little to cause an injury for me. For instance, I currently have a bruise on both hips from accidentally bumping into my door frame on the way out of my room, a collection of tiny cuts from the X-acto blade I was using in art the other day (I swear I thought I was being more careful than that!), a jammed toe from kicking the lane divide in the pool too many times (Honestly, they need to get rid of those things. Or I need to work on my over aggressive breaststroke... One of the two), and probably even more embarrassing injuries that I am forgetting.

Seriously. I would come home from school and see my mom and say "Maaa I got hurt today...." and before I could even explain how she would just say "Of course you did". I broke my big toe tripping down the stairs on my way to the kitchen for bacon. I am just that kind of person.

So naturally I have lots of kitchen related injuries too! And some odd food injuries you probably wouldn't believe possible. That's the "band-aid" part of this blog. (In case you're wondering, which I'm sure you're not, I always have a handy supply of Hello Kitty band-aids with me.) There will be some funny (for the reader at least) stories about my many, many injuries in this blog to fill the gaps when I cannot bake and post something new and delicious I just created.

Story #1 (and probably just the stupidest thing ever): One time, (I swear this is true) I was eating some Snyder's mini pretzels (possibly the best things ever. I have a bag in my dorm room at all times) in the cafeteria, and next thing I know - I'm bleeding! Okay, I thought, I just cut my hand in art class before I got here! Wrong. I had stabbed myself in the thumb with the edge of a pretzel that was broken. It's one of the weirdest injuries I think I've ever had but the worst part is the salt... Not only was it weird, it burned.

There are at least a hundred (or thousand) more injuries like this in my deep, dark past. I will (probably) only share the food related ones. Lots of interesting things happen when I bake...